Saturday, September 13, 2008

Welcome




Welcome to my blog! I hope to use my camera lens as a third eye that will allow me to see even my simplest surroundings in an elaborate and intriguing perspective.

Today I went to a little creek near my campus and worked on my self portrait assignment. It was a nice change of scenery from the bustle of campus life. Between living in a dorm and being around people almost 24/7, it was nice feeling secluded. It was a beautiful day, and the flowers and trees made an appealing backdrop.  I had fun working with the sunlight and reflections of the water to get an interesting picture. I chose the above image because of the way the movement of the water contorts my arm, yet the rest of my body remains unmoved. I feel the photograph has some mystery because facial features cannot be discerned, but at the same time clearly displays a sense of question and yearning. I also liked the clarity of the rocks beneath the water, which gives the photo some texture.

2 comments:

juan-o said...

i really like this image specially
your right hand which look like if it were elastic because of the effect of the water.

Katherine Borah said...

Lauren, great job on your self portrait. This image is amazing. It reminds me of a mermaid or some other creature in the ocean. The color is really cool and the picture seems to have movement-Katherine